Image via Wikipedia
Check out these findings on work place bullying in America. There is no place for bullying in todays society whether it be in the school yard, online social networking sites or in the workplace. It is important people are given support and help when they speak up and out the bullies.
* 35% of workers have experienced bullying firsthand (37% in 2007, given the MOE, essentially equivalent)
* 62% of bullies are men; 58% of targets are women
* Women bullies target women in 80% of cases
* Bullying is 4X more prevalent than illegal harassment (2007)
* The majority (68%) of bullying is same-gender harassment
Prevalence of Workplace Bullying
35% of the U.S. workforce (an est. 53.5 million Americans) report being bullied at work; an additional 15% witness it. Half of all Americans have directly experienced it. Simultaneously, 50% report neither experiencing nor witnessing bullying. Hence, a “silent epidemic.”
Gender and Workplace Bullying
Both men and women bully, but the majority of bullying is same-gender harassment, which is mostly legal according to anti-discrimination laws and workplace policies. Women target women.