Joining a membership group has so many benefits to us which is why they are so successful. Not only do they help us connect with other people with shared interests, build friendships they also can help create a sense of team spirit and pride.
Joining groups, clubs and societies is very popular and most of us like the sense of belonging . Isn’t it nice to belong to something?
We have 3 groups running in the North East
PARENTS NORTH EAST – Social events for parents and kids.
PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT CIRCLE NORTH EAST – personal development workshops, discussions, talks as well as regular socials.
The main reasons people choose to join social groups include:
- a sense of belonging;
- feelings of inclusion within groups result in higher levels of esteem.
- joining social clubs, sports groups etc. are a great way to extend social connections;
- building friendships with people they would otherwise not have met;
- the opportunity to improve your social life,
- spending regular time like-minded people who share their interests
- learning something new or doing what you enjoy.
Joining groups is not enough – you need to come out to our meetings, connect with people and be pro-active. We’re all very friendly and sociable so you will be very welcome at our meetings, events and workshops.
Are meetings are mainly in Newcastle, Sunderland, Northumberland and Durham and locations/venues vary.